- Change sounds and vibration patterns for Notifications based on filters matching an Application and/or Notification Title and/or Notification Subtitle and/or Notification Message.
- To add new, custom vibration patterns go to "Settings -> Sounds - Ringtone - Vibration -> Create New Vibration".
- Create user defined lists to use as random ringtones for Notifications.
- Selectively apply Do Not Disturb mode to Notifications based on filters.
- Selectively ignore Do Not Disturb mode based on filters.
- Selectively apply Silent mode based on filters.
- Selectively ignore Silent mode based on filters.
- If you have Activator installed, you can change Banner Sounds profiles using an Activator Event.
- Disable Banner Notifications when specific Apps in a user selected blacklist are open in the foreground.
- Disable Banners while some types of media are playing.
- This should work for any App that uses the iOS MPUSystemMediaControlsViewController: YouTube, Music, Safari and possibly other Apps as well but not the Photos App or most Camera or Video Player Apps.
- Block multiple notifications received within a specified timeout period from the same App or that match a specific filter.
- The first notification will be allowed through but subsequent notifications that match within the timeout period will not turn on the screen, show a banner or play a sound.
- They will not turn on the screen, display a banner or play a sound.
- They will still be added to the LockScreen and/or Notification Center.
- Can applied globally to all notifications for enabled Apps or individually inside of specific filters.
- If you have Activator installed, you can trigger Activator Actions when notifications that match are received.
- For privacy, you can replace the text on Banner, Notification Center and LockScreen notifications.
- Each filter can have its own, unique privacy settings and can set to always be active, active only while locked or active only while unlocked.
- You could, for instance:
- Replace the text of a notification if it was sent by your friend Bob.
- Replace the text of all notification from the Mail App.
- Privacy filters can also be set in Exclusive or Pass Through Mode.
- Normally, Banner Sounds only matches one filter. It checks them from the top of the list down. It stops after the first match.
- With the Privacy Replacement filter, Banner Sounds allow one or two filters to match, if the first filter to match is a Privacy filter. If Exclusive is on, it will stop checking filters as soon as it matches any filter. With Pass Through on, if it first matches a Privacy filter, it will grab those Privacy settings but continue checking filters looking for another non Privacy filter to match.
- Here's an example of why you might want to use Pass Through:
- Let's say you want all notifications for the Messages App to be Private with the same replacement text but you want different notification sounds for Messages from different people.
- Create a filter at the top of the list for the Messages App with your Privacy replacement settings and Pass Through mode.
- Create a filter below that, that would match messages from Bob and play Sound1.
- Create a filter below that, that would match messages from Sue and play Sound2.
- Banner Sounds only changes sounds for iOS Notification Banners/Alerts and iOS LockScreen Notifications. This means that it probably won't change new message sounds when a specific app is open.
- If a notification is played for the iOS Mail app, locking the device sometimes (usually) will not cancel the Banner Sounds audio playback and there will be no other way to cancel it either.
- Vibration patterns don't work when the device is unlocked and the notification is from the iOS Mail app.
- There is no preview when selecting a vibration pattern.
LATEST CHANGES 1.0.0~beta40-6 - 2018/06/10
- Fix for Activator events sometimes being triggered multiple times for the same notification.
- Full Changelog
PREVIOUS CHANGES 1.0.0~beta40-3 - 2018/05/12
- Remove a log message or two that were left in by mistake.
iOS >= 8, Cydia Substrate, PreferenceLoader, AppList